Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dido goes back to what she knows best



DIDO has said she will return to her "electronic roots" for her forthcoming fourth album.

The singer-songwriter is working on the follow-up to 2008's Safe Trip Home, which saw her experiment with a different approach to music.

Writing on her website, she said: "I intentionally didn't use any electronics on the third album. It was a challenge that started as a small thought and then turned into a big theme of the record.

"We had a lot of fun creating sounds from all manner of instruments - bells, wind instruments, strings, brass, pots, pans, cans, sandpaper, anything. This was instead of using anything pre-programmed."

She added: "It was a great learning experience for me and also made me a much better musician pretty quickly!

"It's also making me really appreciate the joy of electronics again on this new album I'm making. It's good to take a break and now I'm celebrating my electronic roots again."

Dido's fourth studio album is scheduled to be released early next year

1 comment:

  1. here with me...no please i am only...dido what a ispiration...

    ReplyDelete