Saturday, August 8, 2009

Razorlight drummer joins We Are Scientists?


WENN
Former Razorlight member Andy Burrows has reportedly announced plans to join We Are Scientists, as well as complete a second solo album.

The drummer, who quit Razorlight in March, has been recording in New York with the 'After Hours' rockers, working on new material for the band's third record, according to NME.

"There was no plan from me to go solo," Burrows explained, speaking about his 2007 solo debut The Colour Of My Dreams. "I've always been comfortable behind the drums, but I've always written songs too and I had a bunch sitting around, and it dawned on me once I'd left Razorlight I had enough for an album."

Burrows also revealed for the first time why he felt he had to leave his old band.

"I'm a fan of Razorlight, but by the end I wasn't a fan of being in Razorlight," he said, adding that there were no hard feelings between he and the rest of the group.

He continued: "I was really pleased to hear that they were going to carry on without me, though. It was good to see the band being positive and moving on."

Speaking about his new role in We Are Scientists, Burrows declared that he will play live and record with the group as an "honouree Scientist".

Welcoming their new member, frontman Keith Murray noted that he faced stiff competition for a place in the band's lineup, saying: "We were thinking for this record that we'd collect all our drummer friends and have different guys do different songs. Andy was one of those guys but after he left Razorlight we got together, fell in love and decided to make a record."

No comments:

Post a Comment