Sunday, July 26, 2009

Avril Lavinge strips down new album



AVRIL LAVINGE is going back to her roots for her next album.

The singer said she will abandon the "cheerleader" style of her last album The Best Damn Thing, for a more traditional sound.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, she said: "[The Best Damn Thing] was intended to be fun, to be rockin'. All I had in my mind was my live show, running around on stage, getting the crowd involved.

"This record, I just really, really wanted to sing. We started recording each song, some of them, just with acoustic guitar and the vocal and building it from there. It's stripped down. I love performing that way, so I really felt like it was time to make a record like that. To just make it all about the vocal and the performance, and the vibe, and the emotion."

She added: "I was always really honest in my lyrics. I think more so when I was younger, and now it's kind of come back to that. Just like, you know what? I'm not trying to write a perfect pop song. I'm just trying to write a song that's honest right now, even if something sounds weird or a lyric might not make sense to someone."

No comments:

Post a Comment