Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Estelle denies slagging off Rihanna

ESTELLE has denied reports that she has engaged in an online war with Rihanna.

The singer slammed The Sun newspaper after it claimed that the American Boy singer took to her Twitter.com page to comment on the latest collaboration between Jay-Z and his protegee Rihanna.

The paper said that Estelle claimed she could have sung the chorus for Run This Town much better, and allegedly wrote: "Rihanna just doesn’t do it for me.'

But she released a statement that insisted that the comment was made by one of her followers on the micro-blogging site.

Speaking to MTV.com, she said: "Twitter is a funny old thing. I just need to be clear though. I have not said anything at all about me wanting to be on the Jay Z / Kanye / Rihanna track.

'Someone else twittered that remark to me and one of the U.K. tabloids then chose to 'rewrite' this and post it online... Watching this unfold, it is crazy that something that I didn't even say can end up as such a big news story.'

No comments:

Post a Comment