Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Gerard Way reveals new MCR LP details


Gerard Way has claimed that My Chemical Romance's upcoming album will feature the "greatest song" that the band has ever written.

The singer and lyricist discussed the progress of the follow-up to 2006's The Black Parade during an appearance at Comic-Con to promote his latest comic books.

Speaking to Rolling Stone, he said: "The songs are all wildly different, but the one I'm really excited about is called 'Death Before Disco'.

"It's a completely different sound for the band - it's like an anti-party song that you can party to. I can't wait for people to hear it.

"It brings back, lyrically, some of that wonderful fiction from the first album. I think we wrote our 'Born to Run', and I'm so amped about that. To me, it's the greatest song we've ever written - it's my favourite MCR song."

Way added that the group are "right in the middle" of producing the as-yet-untitled record, which is expected to be released later this year or early 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment