Friday, July 24, 2009

Pussycat Doll 'opens up about band rift'


Kimberly Wyatt has spoken out about the problems threatening to tear the Pussycat Dolls apart.

The 'Jai Ho!' singer has accused music bosses of favouritism by focusing on lead singer Nicole Scherzinger, noting that the group's last two singles have featured Scherzinger's name as well as the band's.

Wyatt is quoted as saying: "It's true, there has always been a lot of focus on Nicole, which has been hard to deal with sometimes. This group was created with a foundation, they knew exactly what they wanted and they had Nicole as the focus. Every video and stage performance that we've done, Nicole has been our leader."

She continued: "I wasn't in videos like I wanted and wasn't seen in the way I was hoping, which has been the same for all the other girls too. I don't really make any of the decisions, I'm in the group and can voice my opinions to a degree but at the end of the day it is a business and there are a lot of chefs in the kitchen that run the Pussycat Dolls."

Wyatt's bandmate Melody Thornton allegedly criticised Scherzinger on stage at a gig in Phoenix earlier this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment